Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Gordon spends time on the set with an Apostle

On Monday, June 17th,  I had to opportunity to film Elder Neil Andersen for an upcoming Church broadcast.

It was a wonderful chance to spend a morning with an apostle of the Lord.
His wife Kathy came with him and supported him in script editing, making sure he looked good and reminding him to smile.  She was a great addition to the crew.

As I was preparing to go to the shoot, I scouted the location, which was a Thanksgiving Point.  Then I watched his latest conference talk and watch other videos he had done around the world.  That way I could set up the lighting and camera angle and be sure I understood how his glasses would reflect the light before Elder Andersen was due on the set.  I also shaved for the day, Mom was surprised about that...I just felt like I wanted to.  I wanted to be sure he felt comfortable.  I can always grow it back.

At the end of the shoot he asked if anyone on the crew would like their pictures taken with him, everyone there said yes.  We did it right in the set, using my lighting set up.  Looks pretty good even if I do say so myself.

Elder Andersen was warm and friendly and I felt the power of an Apostle as I worked with him.  He had very kind words towards me and my director of photography abilities.  Between takes he'd talk about his mission, his garden and his wife and President Monson.  Whenever Sister Anderson had a suggestion - he told us that, at the end of the shoot he was going home with her and not with any of us-  So that being said, whatever Sister Andersen wants that is what we are going to do.  I felt a real balance in their lives in the way they supported each other.  They also had their oldest grandson with them.



2 comments:

  1. This is very special. It's hard to remember what a blessing it is to be so close to the leadership of the church here in Utah. Thank you for sharing this Dad.

    - Ben

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love being able to brag about my Dad and all the cool stuff he does!!

    Jacob

    ReplyDelete