Sunday, July 13, 2014

The Trip Down to New Orleans

So we left the lake and headed out on our way to New Orleans.
First we drove down to Madison through the Wisconsin Amish community of Cashton.
Watch out for buggies.

It was Sunday and they were gathered at one of the farms for services.
Which are held every other Sunday in each others homes.

The simple life.

We stopped at Graceland on the way out of Memphis...we were playing Paul Simon's Graceland.
It wasn't open yet, but you could walk up the driveway..."I'm going to Graceland, Graceland...we all will be received in Graceland."
"Before Elvis, there was nothing."  John Lennon

No going back, we've crossed into our new adventure.

The Windsor Court Hotel in New Orleans.
 That guy guarding the fountain 
is gonna protect me from anything bad that 
might happen in the big city!

Points for the incredible rose arrangement in the lobby.

And the comfy places to sit while you wait for your car.
The view from our room.

The bedroom in our suite - note the beautiful painted head board.
It seems very southern to me.

View to the dressing room.

The sitting room.
Our home away from home 'till August.


4 comments:

  1. The Amish pictures are great. I loved the expressions on your faces at the LA sign. Your hotel room view is incredible. I loved your hats sitting on the dresser together.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not bad! Are you ready for some southern food?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm doing a taste test of all the different kinds of beignets (the local donut) and pralines (the brown sugar & nut candy). This is taking a lot of effort and time on my part. Also tasting as many versions of shell fish as possible. Dad is doing research on steak - he has a higher end supply chain then I do. Now I need a salad.

      Delete
  3. Karla and I think alike! My favorite part of the picture "view to the dressing room" is the hats on the bureau! Was setting out to write this when I read Karla's remarks. Too funny! Love it all. Beautiful country, hotel, etc!

    ReplyDelete