Monday, August 18, 2014

More New Orleans Yoga

I found Swan River Yoga on Canal Street - it's kind of far away - but very good classes.
Their building was once a library...New Orleans lost a library but gained a yoga studio.  Is that an even trade?

     
The studio is really BIG.


 

Here is Wild Lotus Yoga - it's much closer to my house.

.
With a very sweet studio.
I was there last night for a class...see that little portable accordion in the front - the teacher played it at the end of class during a chant - it was totally enchanting & very Indian in an atonal sort of way.  It's a Harmonium.

2 comments:

  1. The yoga center in the old library seems so perfect for you. I'm hoping the books found themselves in a new library :) I also like the second studio and the new life and culture that it introduces :) Did anyone tell you about book club for Still Alice and the Nun Study Melinda told us about? This adventure and these libraries remind me if that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. One of my instructors in yoga teacher training would bring a harmonium and play. I loved it!

    ReplyDelete