Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Baby Vivian

 Vivian Dodge Morris
Sunday October 6, 2013
8:11pm


6 pounds 12 Ounces

A couple Hours after her birth

She was born at Great Expectations Birth Center.
It was a very calm water birth.  All I can say is after two unideal births,
 I couldn't have asked for anything better.  It was so cool to look down and see the baby in the water and have my midwife say cheerily, "There's your baby, pick her up!"  Ummm, what?  You don't need to take her first?  How cool!
  It was so relaxed.
 Here is the link if you'd like to have a visual tour of the birth center: http://www.greatexpectationsbc.com/v/virtual_tour

We spent the night and my midwife gave us homemade pancakes in bed the next morning.
The best part - going home 12 hours later, sleeping in our own bed and having my mom take care of Penelope and Aaron so we could get to know little Vivian - and sleep!

Aaron and Penelope were so excited to welcome her home!
My Mom brought them up monday so they could meet her.

Midwife - Rebecca Williams at our home check up a few days after.
She is a great woman - I trusted her fully and she just kept telling me what
a great birth I was going to have, and I did!



Vivian looks so tiny!  Aaron seemed like a giant when I held him after holding
Vivian.


Doula - Marin Mattingly - also an amazing person.  She gives the best
massage in town,  that's why I chose her to be my support! Jeremy even
got a nice head massage after the birth.




One Month Old.  Never ended up getting a great picture, but the outfit and headband were so cute!
We had tons of support from my mom and Jeremy's mom so we could rest during the first month.  I just love the time I get to hold this precious little person!  She's now two months old, and is smiling and "talking."  I will post other pictures at a later time.

No comments:

Post a Comment